Thursday, August 13, 2009

Keep on Truckin'

It's been a somewhat busy summer for me. I have been keeping busy with work. I also went to San Francisco for their Pride parade, that was fun. My girlfriend has just returned to the U.S. after being abroad for two months and she was just in LA to visit me for a long weekend. That was great as well. I'm very happy to be dating someone who I can safely say, completely accepts me for who I am. She loves me MORE for the fact that I am trans, she just totally gets that it is a part of who I am and I would not be who I am if I weren't. She's just incredible. And having a supportive partner really makes a world of difference. Most of us trans folks, or at least the ones in my life (me included), talk a lot about how we feel like we may never find love because we are trans. We often experience a lot of difficulty finding a partner who will love and accept us for who we are. Someone recently said something to the effect of deciding to transition may mean you sacrifice a love life in order to be who you really are. When I heard that statement, it made me sad, but it is somewhat true, at least for some. And I thought I was going to be in that boat, but thankfully, I'm not. As I've had this blog, I've dated a few different people, so the problem hasn't been finding someone to date, but someone who really accepts me. The breakups I've had with the last two people I dated had some issues around the fact that I am trans, and it was very painful to go through. So, I just cannot express how thankful I am to be dating someone I feel really accepts me. It's an incredible feeling, it's freeing. And I'm madly, crazily in love with Jordyn. She's an incredible person, and someone who has been one of my best friends for a few years. She's strong willed, independent, smart, and so so so loving. The next time we are together, I'm hoping to have her film a video blog with me. I want her to share a little bit about her and her views on me being trans. I want to be able to give some hope to the trans people or people in general I know who feel that they may never find someone. I think her perspective is a very important one to hear, and I'm hoping she'll want to share her true feelings and opinions as someone who is "heterosexual", or what I like to call "straight with a twist" (me being the twist :) ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet pride in SF was amazing! And it's good to hear that you're in such a great relationship.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

i am glad that u reach this stage. you are a man from the begining, not only looking like one!

i hope that u and your love never evert get parted.

i hope things goes well with your mam.

i was happy that your father support you, your frindes as well.

i've been watching the videos since last night!

btw, you voice is owwwsm!

i just wanted to write this not for you, to say that your story give me a great push.

i am FTM, an hope things go smothly with me as well.

i am a muslim, and arabic as well.
but i just see in you the : Human and i feel each sadnees and happenice moments u share with us in the video!

i didn't care where are you from or what is your relign! all what is matter for me that you are a man who have been throw alot, and was strong Enough to pass and reach his target :)

sorry for my poor english, it was much better but since am not traveling alot outside the arab world, lately, i start to loss my english skilles! hopeing to improve it ^^

keep it brthr, and wish u and your love all the best.

saif

Make Money Traveling said...

San Francisco Pride Parade is for women only, but everyone is welcome to cheer along the sides. If I think of it correctly, Saturday afternoon is the Dyke March. It is a amazing event with a more quiet feeling than the Sunday parade. Afterwards is dancing in the street at Castro and Market with a street party along Castro.

Anyways, it's good thing for you have found the right girl who'll accept you for who you are. Just enjoy life and be loved.