Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It went well!

I'm happy to report that I met Jordyn's family and it actually went pretty well. Her mom was nice to me and made an effort to talk to me. She was much warmer than I had anticipated after everything she had previously said. I also met Jordyn's father, and both sets of her grandparents. Her grandparents don't know I'm trans and I'm perfectly ok with that. The meeting of the family was something I was anticipating for so long and I was somewhat fearful. So I am so happy that it went as well as it did.
After spending a day in Philly with Jordyn and her family, we departed on our road trip to Los Angeles. We had a lot of fun. We stopped all over the country and stayed mostly with our friends and my family. We made the drive in 6 days, which wasn't too bad.
I'm so happy to finally have my girlfriend living in the same city as me. She is such a huge support to me.

Now, our next project together is raising enough money for me to have top surgery. We are hoping to plan a party/benefit to help raise the funds. So, if you are in the LA area, make sure to check back for updates. We are looking to have something in Jan or Feb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Glad to hear all went well! I have been checking your blog to get the updates. I didn't know you didn't get the top surgery yet. I need to read your whole website. I am on the Androderm (Testosterone Patch)2.5 mg. I have been on that dose for 7 weeks. Just today the Doc. doubled it to 5.0. I am also waiting for the chest reconstruction. I have insurance. I am taking the "medical necessity" approach.I had ovarian cancer,cancer runs in my family. Follow me if you can: I am following and learning from you. http://mikeadelpiano.livejournal.com/