Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Job Interview...

So I'm sure you are all curious to know how my job interview went and what went down.

Well, I decided to dress sort of ambiguously since the person who scheduled my interview told me to feel free to dress casually. So, I wore black dress pants and a blue and white striped button down (tucked in, with a belt of course).

The woman at the interview was nice. Clearly, she was bewildered though. She could not tell which sex I was and she didn't attempt to assign me one, which was good. In the end though I feel like she thought I was a guy, which is fine. I hope to receiving a callback from her. We will see.

In the meantime, I have an interview at a nonprofit organization today which I'm excited about. When I first interviewed with them, I said I was female. I have no idea why. I think I said female because its a temporary position so I didn't feel the need to fill them in on all my drama.

I swear as I read what I am writing it seems as if I'm living some kind of double life when I'm a male at one interview and a female at the next. lol Oh the life of a trans person....

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Keep us posted on the job search. It sounds like you're making your way - slowly but surely.

BarbRyan