Sunday, June 8, 2008

Gay Pride Los Angeles Style

This weekend was the Gay Pride festival in Los Angeles. I decided to partake in the festivities by volunteering for my friend's cheerleading squad. They are called Cheer LA and they perform various stunts and dances to raise money for non profits such as Aid for Aids. So, while they performed I collected donations from the crowd. It was nice to be a part of something that gave back to charity. It was a long and crazy day though. I walked so far for so long and I can hardly feel my feet. But, I still feel good.

Other than that, I'm preparing myself for what I see as a very emotional trip home. I haven't been home in 4 months, which is a very long time in my family. I used to go home once a month or once every two months. That was before I was cut off and disowned because of my transition.

Now I don't know what to expect. I know my mom loves me, I really do, I just know the dynamic between is a fucked up one. And with everything she has said and done to me, I'm curious to see my own reaction when I am finally face to face with her. I'm trying to be the bigger man and understand she is grieving a great loss and needs me to step up, but at the same time, I've stepped up my whole life. And the line needs to be drawn. So I'm anticipating my confusion with where I am to draw my boundaries and how.

I'm hoping for a peaceful weekend, one that doesn't involve some kind of blow out. I'm hoping to see my sister, my brother in law, my niece and nephew, and some close friends. And I hope that it all goes as smoothly as it can.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jamie. I've been having a look around your blog, and it's pretty awesome! So keep up the good work, and obviously best of luck with your continued transition and family drama.

I'm glad you had a good time at Pride, too. That was a really great thing for you to do.

Again, I wish you the best of luck with your visit home. I'm afraid I can't really offer you any substantial advice, except lots and lots of patience... which you have probably already dealt with. Hope it goes as well as it can.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!

Imagination Zone said...

Good luck on your trip! Also let me know if theres anyway I can be of use, do you need a ride to the airport in the middle of the nite?

Kerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerry said...

haaaaaaaaaaaay jamie haaaaaaaaaaaay

turns out being unemployed this past week has been a blessing in disguise. first off, i get to chat with you at the comfortable east coast hour of 11am while you drive to work. ALSO! today i had the time to fight with blogspot.com for my forgotten password. it was a gruesome battle however i am proud to announce mission complete! so now i can comment on your blog all day long. OH BOY!


love you kid. good luck and have fun with your cute little kiddies at home.

oh man this word verification thing looks intense. wish me luck. CIAO!

Anonymous said...

did you see alex davis perform while you were there? he was on the main stage, he's ftm to.
www.myspace.com/alexdavis