Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Break UP

I try not to have too many personal things up on my blog, but I don't know why when I think about it. The point of a blog, especially one like this, is to dive into the personal.

So, here goes.

Christine and I are sadly no longer together. I can't even point out what went wrong, we both just know now is not the right time, if ever. It's sad, and all those things a break up should be, but at the same time, I know I need to be alone right now. I need to figure myself out and see this transition through.

And of course, this all has to happen in the midst of my already dramatic life. I'm not sure what else could go wrong, but I hesitate in saying that because I don't want the universe to point anything else out to me.


I went out last night for my friend's birthday to Eleven in West Hollywood. It was a very interesting experience. People are starting to recognize me after reading my article in IN LA Magazine. It kind of caught me off guard, but it was nice to be noticed and nice to know that people are actually taking the time to read.

The other interesting part of my experience was that I was being noticed by both men and women. People really couldn't tell which gender I was. I thought it was funny, but at the same time, I felt a little put off. It started bringing up my own questions about how I'm going to meet women I want to date when I'm ready. I don't know how to approach lesbian women just yet and explain that I'm a transman. I feel like with other transguys you can just tell sometimes because of their "badboy" style with their tattoos, alternative clothing, I don't know, something about that has always given it away to me. But I don't dress that way in the least and it was obvious to me last night that a lot of lesbians thought I was some ignorant straight dude at a lesbian night. Kind of emotional to be dealing with that in addition to everything else on my mind yesterday.

I'm excited for LA Pride this weekend at least. I hope it will be a nice experience and will keep my mind off of the serious stuff. I'm volunteering on Saturday with Cheer LA for a few hours so I think that'll feel good as well.

I'm also flying home on Wed, June 11th for a long weekend. Should be interesting. If all goes wrong with my mother, I will at least get to see my niece and nephew, who I adore. I will also get some quality time with my sister, who is really more a like a parent to me anyhow.

So, with these things going on, I hope to remain distracted for as long as possible. Sometimes distraction can be a great aid to helping heal the heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jamie, published author... just writing to say, Have a great time with your sister, your niece, and your nephew, who are going to love the real you. I remember meeting your Mom in an elevator in the hotel at NEU graduation. So funny that Hillary recognized these people that she had never met before. Hill is planning a trip to LA in september. Sorry George and I missed you in May. Maybe I will try again with Hill. You are looking great. I was remembering meeting Carson, when Hillary had first told me she was gay, and I went to NEU to the Nubilaga meeting. i said to Hillary, "No way is Carson gay." She said, "Mom, last year, Carson was a girl..." I said, "WOW!, He's perfect!" That's how it will be for you, love, Kb PS- loved your article

Anonymous said...

greetings I found your blog by accident from a friends page Ive spent2hrs reading when I should of been in bed you sure have traveled alot I would love to write to you but not on this blog area just this one and by the way I saw lots of T in Mexico as soon as I got off the cruise ship I was on in cozemel. in feb,08 and alot of other things I think your cute and funny and love the idea that your chasing after what you want. I come from new england. My ex went back to CT I had a adopted child in MA but he passed away in 1994 humm the year of the Dog well that IS ME TOOi was born in the year of the dog also but allas i'm an older dog you keep up the good work and write me sometime if you get a chance dragonfly31828@msn.com